Lola & The Poets Podcast is a virtual alchemical workshop exploring personal and collective magical journeys, the ways the mystical & the mundane are intertwined. Psychology, culture, art & alchemy. Solo shows, interviews. Out every odd Thursday. Hosted by Milana Vujkov.
On Plant Wisdom – With Don Roberto – Lola & The Poets
The topics we will be discussing in solo shows, and with our guests, will be a wide range of philosophies, cosmologies, myths, spiritual practices and storytelling across the globe, medicine cultures, shamanism, transcendental states, the imaginal, transpersonal and archetypal psychology, art psychotherapy, creative exploration of the mystical, use of artistic expression as a therapeutic tool, anthropology of ritual, cinema as modern magic, personal symbolism and temenos – the sacred space, dreams and dream time, shadow work, body work, animal wisdom, plant healing practices, ancestral lineage healing, archetypal patterns in our lives, paranormal and psychedelic experiences, gift of prophecy, astrology, tarot, various forms of divination, precognition and psychic awareness, psychogeography, wanderlust, and the holy pilgrimage. We will also be touching on the re-emergence of the Goddess archetype, the feminine aspect of the Divine, as a sign of a collective desire for harmonisation between polarities, awakening all our inherent abilities, and deepening our awareness of how environments, thoughts and emotions influence our actions.
The goal is to find enchantment in simple, everyday experiences, follow our hearts and let our minds open to an unusual perspectives, while nourishing a kind of talent for the peculiar, which restores in us the state of childlike awe – and in the process helps clean the daily debris of our mechanical existence.
I will endeavour to have an episode out every odd Thursday, which means that it will drop when there’s something to say, or a guest to talk to – but the day of the week will always be the same.
To download the shows directly, please click on audio download tab or link below episode. You can also subscribe to the show on YouTube or follow Lola & The Poets on Spotify, Apple/iTunes, and Stitcher.
★ In Episode 1 I’m introducing the series as host, riffing on the idea of the magical real, talking alchemy in psychology, society, culture & the arts, the topics we will be covering on the shows, guests we will have, and a bit about my life & professional background. (42 mins)
Stay tuned, poets.
AUTHOR: ©Milana Vujkov
FULL LIST OF EPISODES
- Episode One. Thursday, 28 November, 2019. On The Magical Real – Show Intro
- Episode Two. Thursday, 12 December, 2019. On Wanderlust – With Milica Mijatović
- Episode Three. Thursday, 18 June, 2020. In The Shadows, Part 1 – Solo Show
- Episode Four. Thursday, 9 July, 2020. Mythic Doodling – With Divyam Chaya Bernstein
- Episode Five. Thursday 29 April 2021. In The Shadows, Part 2 – Solo Show
- Episode Six. Thursday 15 July 2021. On Plant Wisdom – With Don Roberto
- Episode Seven. TBC. Goddess Returns – Solo Show
[updates added as shows are recorded]
- © Samovar Party by Shane Ivers – https://www.silvermansound.com Samovar Party is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Shane Ivers of silvermansound.com
- © Multisampled 20 inch Istanbul Mehmet ride cymbal by pjcohen – https://freesound.org/ This work is licensed under the Attribution License.
- Audio clip: Barbara Stanwyck in Meet John Doe (1941), Director: Frank Capra, public domain since 1969
Disclaimer – This podcast follows a personal journey, as well as the journeys and life experiences of our guests, and is offered as philosophical & creative inspiration. Interviews are meant for educational and entertainment purposes only, and do not equal endorsements. Although I am a psychologist by education, the material within is not therapy or substitute for therapy. However, it is dedicated as virtual temenos for accessing the therapeutic numinous, in hope of being of good service to your soul in exploring the potentials of each moment in time.